Terms and Conditions
- This website is owned and operated by MEHTA FAMILY TRUST (hereinafter 'MEHTA JEWELLERY' or 'we' or 'us' or 'MJ') having its Office at 43 C P Ramaswamy Road, Abhiramapuram, Chennai – 600 018.
- In using the www.mehtajewellery.com service, of MEHTA JEWELLERY you ("You" means the person using this website) are deemed to have accepted the Terms and Conditions listed below or as may be revised from time to time, which is, for an indefinite period and you understand and agree that you are bound by such terms and conditions till the time you access this website.
- MEHTA JEWELLERY reserves the right to modify or terminate any portion of the Website or the Services offered by the Company for any reason, without notice and without liability to you or any third party.
- "Jewellery" means ornaments made of gold, silver, copper etc, and/ or platinum, either plain or studded with diamond or other gems that are available for sale on our website.
- "Loose Diamonds" are individual diamonds that have not been set in any jewellery.
This Website offers services for Users who wish to purchase Jewellery, customized and/or readymade Jewellery.
- You will be required to register on the Website and become Users prior to the completion of any transaction / purchase on the Website
- Registration is only a one time process and if you have previously registered, you shall login / sign into your account. You will be required to provide us with your name and other details, including but not limited to, e-mail, contact number, contact address and customer verification question (example: your mother's maiden name), which will be used for verification purposes.
- Any User who wishes to purchase an item from the Website can either:
- add the selected jewellery directly to the shopping cart; or
- call us at+91-44-2466 2667and place the order. The User will receive the form for ordering via email/ fax/ courier based on the User's convenience.
- Only registered Users can make purchases online. Anyone wishing to make a purchase will be required to register with the website after adding the item to the shopping cart.
- The Users shall also provide any other mandatory information required (like Personal Account Number (PAN) at the time of purchase.
ORDER AND ACCEPTANCE
- All products and information displayed for sale on this website constitute an invitation to offer.
- Your order for purchase constitutes your offer which shall be subject to the terms and conditions as listed herein.
- We reserve the right to accept or reject your offer in part or in full. Our acceptance of your order will take place upon dispatch of the product(s) ordered which is subject to receipt full payment.
- Dispatch of all the product(s) ordered, may or may not happen at the same time, in such a scenario that portion of the order which has been dispatched will be deemed to have been accepted by us and the balance would continue to be on offer to us and we reserve the right to accept or reject such balance order.
- No act or omission of MEHTA JEWELLERY prior to the actual dispatch of the product (s) ordered will constitute acceptance of your offer. If you have provided us with your email address, we will notify you by email as soon as possible to confirm receipt of your order and email you again to confirm dispatch and therefore acceptance of the order.
- In the event the bank fails to honour any payment transaction made by a User towards an order, MEHTA JEWELLERY shall have the right to refuse to ship the order to the User without any liability whatsoever.
PAYMENT FOR PURCHASE
- MEHTA JEWELLERY offers following payment options to Users on the Website:
- Online Payment: Users can make online payments using his / her Credit Card, Debit Card or Online fund transfer.
- Credit Card: All Visa, Master and American Express Credit Cards are accepted
- Debit Card: All Visa and Maestro Debit Cards are accepted
- Online Fund Transfer: You can choose from all major banks in India to transfer money
- Easy EMI: Easy and convenient EMI options are also available for HDFC Bank & Citi Bank credit card holders.(3 & 6 months EMI facility is applicable only for purchases above Rs.3,000)
- Offline Payment: Users can complete the order online and then make payments to MEHTA JEWELLERY through an offline payment mechanism. All Users making offline payment have to contact MEHTA JEWELLERY at No. 43, C.P Ramaswamy Road, Abhiramapuram, Chennai - 600 018., +91-44-2466 2667, email@example.com confirm his / her payment modalities. Offline payments can be made with cheque, cash deposit or RTGS/NEFT.
- MEHTA JEWELLERY may, in its sole discretion, request the Users to pay a part of the value of the transaction as an advance at the time of placing the order. The balance payment for the order shall be paid by the User before delivery of the product.
- MEHTA JEWELLERY shall inform the user as and when the product is ready and request for remittance of the balance amount payable. The product shall be dispatched upon receipt of the full payment of the value of the jewellery on the date of payment. (RATE OF GOLD CHARGEABLE WILL BE RATE OF GOLD ON DATE OF PLACING THE ORDER OR THE RATE OF GOLD ON DATE RECEIPT OF FULL PAYMENT-WHICHEVER IS HIGHER)
Failure to pay the full/balance amount within (7) days of receipt of information from METHA JEWELLERY, it shall be treated as a cancellation of the order. Any advance amount paid by the User at the time of placing the order shall be refunded by MEHTA JEWELLERY after the deduction of cancellation charges as applicable ,which would include but not be limited to the making charges and the difference in the value of the materials used if there is any fall in the market price of the materials used.
We as a merchant shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of the decline of authorization for any Transaction, on Account of the Cardholder having exceeded the pre-set limit mutually agreed by us with our acquiring bank from time to time
Any advance amount paid by the User at the time of placing the order shall be subjected to MEHTA JEWELLERY’s Terms and Conditions.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
- The User has to specify the address and details of the person who will collect the shipment at the time of purchase. At the time of placing the order, the User has to state full name of the recipient as stated in his / her government approved photo identification.
- At the point of delivery the recipient, to collect the physical product, may have to provide any one of the following government approved photo identification card
- Ration Card ( should be issued in the name of the User / recipient in the case of a gift);
- Drivers License;
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) card;
- Voters Identification card; or
- Aadhar Card
- The courier agent may require to verify the photo ID and name of the recipient while delivering the jewellery.
- The courier agent may also note down the details of the government photo identification.
- The recipient of the package must cooperate with the courier agent in providing the required and valid copies of his / her government approved photo identification, etc.
- All shipping charges and other local charges shall be borne by the User.
- Recipient accepting delivery should not accept deliveries where the box or packaging has been tampered with or if the box is empty.
- If the recipient is not available at the time of delivery, the courier company would try and deliver the item a couple of times before returning the same to MEHTA JEWELLERY. In such an event, the order would be treated as cancelled. All costs for re-shipment and handling in the case of non-delivery to the User shall be chargeable to the User.
- Delivery guarantee is subject to terms and conditions of the courier company. Any inconsistency in name or address will result in non delivery of the product.
- For International buyers, orders are shipped and delivered through registered international courier companies and/or International speed post only. For domestic buyers, orders are shipped through registered domestic courier companies and /or speed post and/ or insured registered post only.
- MEHTA JEWELLERY is not liable for any delay in delivery by the courier company / postal authorities and only guarantees to hand over the consignment to the courier company or postal authorities.
- MEHTA JEWELLERY is in no way responsible for any damage to the product while in transit to the recipient.
- In the event that a non-delivery occurs on account of a mistake by you (i.e. wrong name or address or any other wrong information) any extra cost incurred by MEHTA JEWELLERY for redelivery shall be payable by you .
- We may contact you for additional information if required. After your order is shipped, you may obtain a courier tracking number by logging in and checking the Order Info. Postal / Courier tracking number (if any).
- Recipient will have to provide a government approved photo identification card (like passport, drivers licence, election card etc.) to collect the physical product.
- The courier may require that the price of the gift be mentioned in the external cover. In the event the User wishes to have a copy of the invoice, he / she can request MEHTA JEWELLERY to ship an additional copy of the invoice.
RETURNS & REPLACEMENTS
- Jewellery purchased from the Website can be returned only by calling MJ at +91-44-2466 2667within thirty (30) days from delivery of the item(s), subject to conditions detailed hereafter.
- In the event the User has purchased a wrong ring size MEHTA JEWELLERY will resize the ring, cost of which shall be borne by the User.
- All courier and shipping costs incurred by the Company for returns shall be borne by the User.
- Customized jewellery and loose diamonds cannot be returned once the order is confirmed and processed by Mehta Jewellery
- Conditions for return
- All items must be returned in the same (un used and un damaged) condition as delivered by MEHTA JEWELLERY, along with the original invoice and certificate if any.
- If any item returned shows signs of wear or if it is engraved, altered, resized or damaged in any other manner, it shall not be accepted for return.
- Custom orders with engraving, special ring size etc. cannot be accepted for return, refund or exchange.
- All shipping and handling expenses shall be chargeable to the User
- All requests for return of product have to be placed within thirty(30) days from the date of delivery. No return requests after thirty (30) days from delivery will be processed.
MONEY BACK/ REFUND AND MODALITIES
- If for any reason, you are not satisfied with the product, we will happily provide you with an exchange or 100% refund of the invoice value, if the product is returned as per conditions referred in Paragraph 10 above within 10 days (except any jewellery specially made to order).
- Further Conditions of Refund:
- The value of the product being returned for refund should not exceed Rs.5,00,000/-
- Customized Jewellery which includes personalized/engraved products manufactured/ordered in line with specific instructions from Customer is not eligible for refund
- The refund amount will be as determined by MEHTA JEWELLERY. In case, any Coupon, Discount or Promo Codes are used during the original purchase, the amount will be reduced by the amount equivalent to the Coupon, Discount or Promo Codes.
- Any refunds due by MEHTA JEWELLERY to the User shall be made in the following manner:
- Credit card: The credit card account of the User will be re-credited with the refund amount by MEHTA JEWELLERY after reducing all bank charges. The refund amount will be credited to the User's account within the time span stipulated by the bank which has issued the credit card; or
- Cheque or wire transfer: The refund amount shall be deposited into the bank account of the User by MEHTA JEWELLERY within (10)business days after the receipt of request for refund by the User; or
- Demand draft: If the User has made an over the counter purchase by paying via cash or demand draft, MEHTA JEWELLERY shall pay the refund amount to the User through a demand draft within(10)business days after the receipt of the payment by MEHTA JEWELLERY.
EXCHANGE/BUY BACK AND MODALITIES
- Whenever you wish to exchange or upgrade your jewellery, you will receive 85% of the current market value of the diamonds and the prevailing exchange value of gold and silver subject to a value limit of Rs. 10, 00,000.(The current market value will be as determined by Mehta Jewellery.)
- Jewellery purchased from the Website can be exchanged for 80% of the value listed on the Website, on the date of such an exchange. Such requests for exchange should be made within thirty (30) days from the date of delivery. In case the value of the Jewellery is not available on the Website, the exchange will be based on the return value determined by MEHTA JEWELLERY. Products suspected to be tampered with will not be exchanged. All decisions of MEHTA JEWELLERY shall be final and binding.
- MEHTA JEWELLERY also offers to buy back its jewellery at 75% of the current market value of the diamonds and the purchase value of gold and silver, subject to a total value limit of Rs. 10, 00,000. (The current market value will be as determined by Mehta Jewellery.)
- Conditions of Exchange/Buy back:
- Customer can exchange product purchased with any other MEHTA JEWELLERY products. The value of new product should be equal or more than the exchange value of the initial product.
- Customer can exchange the product, for the exchange value or buyback value with a credit note / voucher of equal value, issued by MEHTA JEWELLERY, which can be utilized for purchasing any MEHTA JEWELLERY product, within six months, at the location therein. Credit notes / vouchers will be issued within 15 days of the request made.
- Any product purchased can be exchanged, once only. Any product taken in an exchange will not be re-exchanged.
- Any discount scheme running at the time when initial product was purchased would not be applicable on exchange.
- Any discount scheme running at the time of exchange etc. would not be applicable on exchange.
- No damaged product will be exchanged.
Transit insurance for all products being dispatched to the Users shall be provided by MEHTA JEWELLERY which shall be valid only until the time of delivery.
BY USING THIS WEBSITE YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT:
- You are 18 years of age or older and that your use of the Website and / or Services shall not violate any applicable law or regulation.
- All registration information you submit is truthful and accurate and that you agree to maintain the accuracy of such information.
- Your registration as a “User” is solely for your personal and non-commercial use. Any use of this Website or its content other than for personal purposes is prohibited.
- Your personal and non-commercial use of this Website shall be subjected to the following restriction (i) you may not modify any content of the Website, including but not limited to, any public display, description, performance, sale, rental, pricing of the product; (ii) you may not decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble the content, or (c) remove any copyright, trademark registration, or other proprietary notices from the content. You further agree not to access or use this Website in any manner that may be harmful to the operation of this Website or its content
- You will not (a) use any product or service available on the Website and / Services for commercial purposes of any kind, or (b) advertise or sell any products, services or otherwise (whether or not for profit), or solicit others (including, without limitation, solicitations for contributions or donations) or use any public forum for commercial purposes of any kind, or (c) use the Website and / or Services in any way that is unlawful, or harms MEHTA JEWELLERY or any other person or entity, as determined in the sole discretion of MEHTA JEWELLERY .
- You will not post, submit, upload, distribute, or otherwise transmit or make available any software or other computer files that contain a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise impair or damage the Website and / or Services or any connected network, or otherwise interfere with any person or entity's use or enjoyment of the Website and / or Services
- You will not engage in any form of antisocial, disrupting, or destructive acts, including "flaming," "spamming," "flooding," "trolling," "phishing" and "griefing" as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet.
- You will not delete or modify any content of the Website and / or Services, including but not limited to, legal notices, disclaimers or proprietary notices such as copyright or trademark symbols, logos, that you do not own or have express permission to modify.
TRADEMARKS & COPYRIGHT
- MEHTA JEWELLERY reserve all intellectual property rights in all images, text, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, programs, logos, text, products, processes, technology, content and other materials, which appear on this Website.
- You shall not copy, publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or participate in any sale of or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the contents of the Website or any related software. All software used on this Website is the property of MEHTA JEWELLERY and they are protected by Indian and international copyright laws.
- The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by MEHTA JEWELLERY and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arise out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
- Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of MEHTA JEWELLERY. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, MEHTA JEWELLERY takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- The details of the products or product specifications (for instance weight, color, handwork details, size, etc.) quoted with the product displays are only fairly approximate values. While every endeavor has been made to accurately reproduce colors, there may be minor variations in color of the actual product because of the nature of product, weather at the time of differences in display output due to lighting and digital photography and color settings and capabilities of monitors. A customer must place an order keeping in mind this minor variation in color as seen on a computer screen against the actual color of the product received.
- Packaging of the product may also vary from the packaging of the product displayed in the website.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold MEHTA JEWELLERY and our affiliates, and our and their respective directors, officers, members, employees, agents, representatives, attorneys, successors and assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims, proceedings, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and litigation expenses), relating to or arising from:
- your use of the Site, any website materials, or services obtained on or through the Site
- any arrangements you make based on information obtained on or through the Site
- any breach by you of our Terms and Conditions
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This “Terms and Conditions” shall be deemed to be made under, and in all respects shall be interpreted, construed and governed by and in accordance with, the courts of Chennai , the law of the state of Tamil Nadu, India, without regard to any conflict of law principles that would cause the laws of any other jurisdiction to apply.
MEHTA JEWELLERY and the Users /Visitors hereby irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of the courts of Chennai , State of Tamil Nadu and Country of India and hereby waive, and agree not to assert, as a defense in any such action, suit or proceeding for the interpretation or enforcement hereof, that it is not subject thereto or that such action, suit or proceeding may not be brought or is not maintainable in said courts or that the venue thereof may not be appropriate or that these Terms and Conditions or any such document may not be enforced in or by such courts, and the parties hereto irrevocably agree that all claims with respect to such action or proceeding shall be heard and determined in Madras High Court.
If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, such invalidity or unenforceability shall attach only to such provision or part of such provision and the remaining part of such provision and all other provisions of this Agreement shall continue to be in full force and effect.